I have a friend who loves co-ops, and doesn’t like to play them alone. Often I find myself at the receiving end of it, literally. Aka yesterday I received Far Cry: New Dawn, because it’s fully supported story co-op for the both of you.
First thoughts from someone whose PC is below minimum requirements:
- The color scheme of the game is right up my alley. Cold and hot pinks, purples, deep blues. Animals are colorful, from the purple-pink-blue of the universe, to white-and-pink adorable-but-will-eat-you.
- Companion pets are amazing, and I am loving people’s reactions. I ran past a couple with Timber, the dog, who is very smart, and very fluffy. And the woman went “such dog, much wow”, and I died. The boar will run the hell away if we meed a predator to whom he’s a natural dish. It’s great.
- Companions in general are great.
- Hurk and Sharkie are alive and well.
- There’s… Somebody you want to meet there.
- No, that wasn’t a tree that just got up, that was Princess Mononoke life-deer shit, and thank all your gods that it was not aggressive.
- Eyes reflect light. I saw the eyes of the wolf before I saw the wolf.
- They have a lot of pink dye. I wonder if they make it out of the pink flowers that seem to grow everywhere.
- Yes, it lags, yes, I play on like 1280x resolution or so (I’m on 1900x something of a laptop standard). Sometimes a chunk needs to load, and I have a second of frozen screen. But you know what? Updates in FC5 made it far worse to play that game, than this, brand new one. If you can run that one, you will be able to run this one, one way or another.
- I know nothing about SLI, so if anyone knows how to easily make it work for this game, please let me know.
Yeah. So I’ve got eaten by a crocodile that could’ve swallowed me whole if it so pleased. Beaten up by a constipated bear I didn’t want to kill one bit, because bears are cute. I very much so want a cold-pink light in my house. I’ll settle for a hot pink though. oh and, Die Antwoords are full on soundtrack, together with some other good-to-decent rap. Art style looks like that of Antwoords too, it’s real nice.