For a few very rough years now I live on an intense budget that sometimes implodes too. Long story short: I’m trying to keep my folks afloat, and there’s a lot of medical debts, and bills, and meds to buy, and so on. It’s a lot of money, and my three jobs barely, very, very barely covers it on a good month (don’t ask me about bad months).
Today, while making a break from work too, I was browsing YouTube a little, and found this woman here. I live in Eastern Europe, so 99% of what she says just doesn’t apply. But the other 1% does. Aka: apps, coupons, surveys, free store cash (though here you usually got the enforced policy that you can only cover a part of a check with it, but on the other hand, we don’t normally have the sale tax she paid in a couple places).
There were plenty of days where we had nothing to eat. And soon in I learned to just eat at work, the free little things they provide, and if we had more, like if office ordered us take-out food – to just skip meals at home whatsoever, so they have more to eat. And so I was watching this, smiling at her good spirits, and her constant mention of “I didn’t feel any less for doing this, they treated me same as everyone“, knowing exactly what she meant by it. And she went as far as walk around looking for change on the ground too, something my mum is notorious for doing.
So I thought I’ll show this wonderful kind spirit to you, and remind you that there’s nothing wrong in any of this. Do what you gotta do to get by, because you never know what tomorrow will bring.
Quoting The Count of Monte Cristo: “Wait and Hope“