Strange week, really. One day there’s enough work for me to sit on it from dawn to dawn. The next one I barely have anything to do. My health got a bit wonky too, but I think that’s just a sign I need to start on the closing season for the morning jogs, and instead take up the exercise bike at home. I don’t like that thing. I like riding a real bike outside, but inside, the trainer, there’s too much freedom on it. Next thing you know, I’m no longer holding the handles, but reading a book on my phone. And I just don’t achieve as much if I don’t put my mind to it. But, anyway, let’s get back to the week itself. Tho now I feel awkward with the idea of “let’s see what my week was, because all of you care!” . . . :
- I’ve read Joe Hill book “NOS4A2” (Nos-Four-A-Two – nosferatu), and while this wasn’t the best book ever, I liked it more than anything I’ve read by King so far. I still have hopes to find something I truly love by King. Nothing against the author, I do like the man, and the ideas he has, but not enough to force his work upon myself.
- Tomorrow a trip to post office, for someone in USA didn’t pick up their package for over 2 months, so they returned it to me. I wrote the person already, informing them, asking to confirm the address, but so far – no reply. I think I’ll keep it for half a year, if nothing happens, I’ll just return the money to them, wherever they are, and re-sell this piece.
- I still really lack the room for proper crafting. To the point where I’m thinking how could I possibly suspend my router somewhere. I fear that the wire might slip out of it. Or if I hang it upside down – it’ll bend to the point where it’ll break. On top of that, it has to be reachable, since, I mean, it’s a bloody router, requiring restarting now and again, and all that.
- Discussed future plans with one of the companies I work with, the same one that has my contract end this month. Mostly I wanted to know how possible it’d be for me to get a spot at one of their Scottish locations if they came about re-hiring me when the next English>Lithuanian project arose. Then spoke about this with a Scotsman friend, with greater knowledge of economy and politics than my own. Sad to say, but Germany, as future location, scored a point yet again, due to the turmoil Great Britain is currently going through, and dragging the countries of the island along. Don’t get me wrong, Germany is great, but work-wise I’ve not really anything to do there to justify it. Nor do I have a work-related buffer to transition from this country, to that country if the destination is Germany.
- I keep getting marvelous ideas for jewelry, but lack the time to make them. So I sketch them mostly and await the end of this month, when likely I will have some time at last. I’ve a great idea for a little icy cold collection!
And I think that’s that then. Thanks to all the friends who felt like giving me that extra time and attention this week, I really needed that ❤